The following film quiz originated over at the blog Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule. You can find it here.
1) Second-favorite Stanley Kubrick film.
2) Most significant/important/interesting trend in movies over the past decade, for good or evil.
internet's effect on film criticism/ reception
3) Bronco Billy (Clint Eastwood) or Buffalo Bill Cody (Paul Newman)?
not familiar with either
4) Best Film of 1949.
The Third Man
5) Joseph Tura (Jack Benny) or Oscar Jaffe (John Barrymore)?
6) Has the hand-held shaky-cam directorial style become a visual cliché?
yes, like most
7) What was the first foreign-language film you ever saw?
honestly can't remember for sure, but maybe Breathless
8) Charlie Chan (Warner Oland) or Mr. Moto (Peter Lorre)?
9) Favorite World War II drama (1950-1970).
Army of Shadows
10) Favorite animal movie star.
11) Who or whatever is to blame, name an irresponsible moment in cinema.
rape scene in Irreversible
12) Best Film of 1969.
again, Army of Shadows
13) Name the last movie you saw theatrically, and also on DVD or Blu-ray.
theatrically: Drag Me to Hell
DVD: Gone With the Wind
14) Second-favorite Robert Altman film.
15) What is your favorite independent outlet for reading about movies, either online or in print?
Girish Shambu's blog
16) Who wins? Angela Mao or Meiko Kaji? (Thanks, Peter!)
17) Mona Lisa Vito (Marisa Tomei) or Olive Neal (Jennifer Tilly)?
Mona Lisa Vito
18) Favorite movie that features a carnival setting or sequence.
again, The Third Man
19) Best use of high-definition video on the big screen to date.
20) Favorite movie that is equal parts genre film and a deconstruction or consideration of that same genre.
Shoot the Piano Player
21) Best Film of 1979.
Scream from Silence
22) Most realistic and/or sincere depiction of small-town life in the movies.
The Wind Will Carry Us
23) Best horror movie creature (non-giant division).
24) Second-favorite Francis Ford Coppola film.
25) Name a one-off movie that could have produced a franchise you would have wanted to see.
26) Favorite sequence from a Brian De Palma film.
museum scene in Dressed to Kill
27) Favorite moment in three-strip Technicolor.
opening color scene of The Wizard of Oz
28) Favorite Alan Smithee film. (Thanks, Peter!)
29) Crash Davis (Kevin Costner) or Morris Buttermaker (Walter Matthau)?
30) Best post-Crimes and Misdemeanors Woody Allen film.
31) Best Film of 1999.
The Wind Will Carry Us
32) Favorite movie tag line.
33) Favorite B-movie western.
not sure if I've seen one
34) Overall, the author best served by movie adaptations of her or his work.
35) Susan Vance (Katharine Hepburn) or Irene Bullock (Carole Lombard)?
36) Favorite musical cameo in a non-musical movie.
The Yardbirds in Blow Up
37) Bruno (the character, if you haven’t seen the movie, or the film, if you have): subversive satire or purveyor of stereotyping?
38) Five film folks, living or deceased, you would love to meet. (Thanks, Rick!)
Godard, Fuller, Bogart, Welles, Hitchcock